Go Bottom

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-08          61205

A while back somebody was asking about solutions to repeated flat tires. Due to my advanced case of CRS I don't remember the post or who asked but I did finally remember the dealer I was trying to find that carried these type pucture proof tires. In any case I wanted to post the link so if anyone was interested, they could take advantage of it. You guys have probably already seen this anyway. Cheers!

Link:   Gensco Tires

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-08          61234

And Mark was complaining about the stiffness of 6PR sidewalls on his R4s. Wonder how he'd like some 22 ply tires!

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
plots1

2003-08-08          61235

That's probley like riding on rocks. LOL ....

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61246

My back hurts just thinking about it. ....

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61263

My wallet shrunk just thinking about it ! ....

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-08          61271

Those are good tires. Back in the late 60's we put a lot of those on forage boxes. I have a great amount of respect for them as at the time I used to mount a couple hundred a year by hand. Today I get to just watch people mount tires and I sure would enjoy watching someone mount some that way and I know I would have a lot of respect for him! ....

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
Murf

2003-08-08          61276

We use a product called 'Tyre Fill' (see link below) on some of our construction equipment. It is a foam rubber compound which is pumped into your tires and cures in 24 hours to a semi-solid. It is 'inflated' to the desired pressure and stays that way forever. The tire shop I deal with called me in to see a demonstration by the distributor. They had a B series Kubota (distributors own machine from home) with a set of filled tires on it. They had taken a chainsaw, saws-all, and drill to the tires, they looked like swiss cheese. They let us run it around then they put the regular tires back on, there was no difference at all in the ride quality.

Best of all it goes in the tires you already own.

Ihave tried almost every solution out there and I still say this is the best way to 'flat-proof' a tire, period.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Tyre Fill

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
plots1

2003-08-08          61281

Murf, where can this be found, no links on the page you posted.As far as ride goes, don't think you'll ever get a caddy ride from any tractor beings there is no suspension. tire pressure does help some though. ....

Puncture Proof Tires

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-08          61282

Murf, we do a lot with foam here skid steer tires but that gets expensive depending on how you look at. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login