Go Bottom

Fluid filled tires

View my Photos
Dave Roy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-08-20          7125

I'm confused about fluid filled tires.My 3054 Kioti has them.All i use tractor for is pulling 6' bushog.Works fine although ride is rough over rough terrain as one would expect.Are there advantages to removing the fluid and how do you do it?Does the added wt. affect tire wear or durability?Thanks in advance,Dave.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fluid filled tires

View my Photos
ARK

1999-08-21          7162

For running your rotary cutter you should not need the extra weight of the fluid in the tires. This weight would be useful for loader work or heavy ground engaging work such as plowing. Carrying this extra weight, will over a period of time, cause addition wear on the tractor drivetrain. The solution in the tires is calcium based to prevent freezing and caustic to the rims of your tires. Removal of this fluid by an experienced tire shop will also extend the life of your tires and rims. ....

Fluid filled tires

View my Photos
Jeff Cochran

1999-08-21          7166

I bought a new NH 1720 a few months back and it came with tubes both front and rear. Therefore it shouldn't matter what they were filled with. Though I suppose over time the calcium could cause problems for the valve stem. Tube would be cheaper than a wheel. Down here in Mississippi everyone I ever heard of uses antifreeze in their tires. Never even heard of calcium till I got on this board. Antifreeze sure is messy when you get a flat! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login