Go Bottom

turf vs bar

View my Photos
Dana
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-09-01          7552

I need a few words of wisedom.My 755jd has turf tires on it, the fronts are getting thin but the back are very good yet.I'd like a new set onthe front, but I sure would want more bite than the turfs, do I put used bars on the same height as the turfs or see if I can find a small mud tread type tire. When I do field,loader work & plowing It realy needs more bite. I do mow yards with it but only two dicthes I have to use 4x4. keep in mind these yard are not golf courses but still a lawn. I also push snow & spread ice melt in the winter. Has anybody have any words of wisdom Or comments that may help. THANKS to all of you!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

turf vs bar

View my Photos
Carl in VA

1999-09-01          7558

Dana, I ran a NH 1710 with R-4s (industrial) on the front and R-3s (turf) on the rear for the entire 11 years I owned the machine without any problems. I used the machine in the same manner as you use yours and I was quite pleased with the traction that the front tires gave me and I even pulled a single bottom plow without difficulty. I suggest you look at Firestones tractor tire page as they have excellent information on different types of tires. Carl. ....

turf vs bar

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-09-02          7582

Dana,We purchased our 4100 (20hp) with R4 Industrial tires, mainly for the loader & future ground leveling, and so far I loved them for the loader. I also had the dealer throw in a set of front turfs, to switch for mowing our yard. Problem is, the 4100 has a tight turning radius & the rear R4s dig slightly when trimming around a tree, especially when turning on our side hill. After hearing that turfs are generally better in snow than R4s, I'm now considering trading in my set of R4s for all turfs. Secondly, the R4s are very rugged and tend to ride harsh. I lowered the rears to about 15PSI of air. They don't show a sign of buldge, but ride better. I would make a trip to the local Kubota dealer and look at the (optional)tires on a B2100. They are a little funny looking, but are supposed to provide good bite in the loose stuff, yet be gentle on turf. I guess I'm not exactly answering your question, but if I didn't have fine turf, I would get the R4s again. BTW, the front turfs and R4s side by side...the R4s are slightly taller. Something to remember when mixing tire styles, it is better for the driveline,if the fronts pull rather than be pushed. This obviously must be within a reasonable percentage. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login