Go Bottom

Toro TD 25 chain

View my Photos
7739ian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-21          153833

I use a Toro TD25 tracked chain trencher to install irrigation. I am quoting to retrofit control cables to a well established golf course so i need as narrow as possible trenches. The chain is the same or similar to Ditchwitch or Dingo walk behind trencher - about 3'
deep x 6" wide trench. Has anyone tried swapping the teeth from one side of the chain to the other so the teeth point in? I would appreciate any comment and advice before i go to the trouble of doing this.

Thanks, Ian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Toro TD 25 chain

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-21          153839

Ian, IMHO you don't want to use a chain trencher for that job. It makes too big a scar, and it isn't necessary.

Use a vibratory plow to lay either lay in the cables, or some utility grade poly tubing which will form conduit to run the cables in later. You can either install the pull line into the tubing before or after installation.

If you don't know how to run the pull lines using compressed air, just drop a note.

Best of luck.

Toro TD 25 chain

View my Photos
7739ian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-21          153852

Thanks Murf, just found out that they now make a vibratory plough as an accessory - i am waiting for a price and avaliability. All the best, Ian ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login