Go Bottom

Just going to hang for a bit

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-02          105423

Hey ya all, Just going to hang around for a bit, fully intend to re-up my membership asap. Still not working so I need to cut my expenses till I am back on the job. Not that I can't afford it but need to watch myself. Be back soon. Take care
Brokenarrow

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-02          105426

come on broken,new skid loader but not going to renew????? ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-02          105430

Brokenarrow, take care. Come back soon. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-02-03          105451

Know the feeling. I cut back on everything when I got laid off from Vermeer back in 2001. Can't say I blame you. You gotta watch the expenses as you don't know when the cahs will start coming back in. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-05          105529

Plots
LOL It has not been purchased yet or even a down payment or ordered. The cut backs were due to rules I needed to impliment in the house for the rest of the family. You can't tell your family they should start watching the expenses if you dont also.

I just won in court, a woman trying to lay claim to my family name wanted to exhume my father to prove if I would not submit to dna. Here is the low down along with reasons I would not submit to the test (which was called by the attorney).

She was 45yrs old from the other side of the country. She hired an attorney to get compensated for her fathers death (in one way or anouther) I have the same name as my father (first and last) No junior due to one letter being different and I lived right next door to him in the county so addresses were one number off from being identical. I have land and a house in another town along with this place.

Whether she is or is not a daughter we will never know. She claimed to of know about him since the early seventy's but only in death has she surface to the point of claiming her rightful inheritance. (which she has no claim to because of the will but a will is not always cut and dry when challenged in court). She had my place up north appraised!!! She was after that thinking it was my fathers (this all came out after the verdict) She wanted her share of his estate.

After paying this lawyer bill and his mortgage off (he was divorced twice) along with many other debts, 9k funeral, 2k headstone car loan, taxes,med. bills etc. he is worth next to nothing. There will be some left but not enough to even take a trip worth all the headaches being executer has been. He had no life insurance to speak of. She still pesisted and we could not figure why? Was she a sibling? After 4 1/2 months of this and the court day came she dropped all proceedings.

As it turned out she lied to her attorney giving him false documentation and representation of his (hidden) assets in hope of us throwing some money at her to ultimately just (go away). The attorney was working on commision but come the court date he wised up and demanded a retainer. She dropped him like a rock. She was hopeing the threat of the words exhume would scare us in to a monetary settlement. You have to understand, this was never about money (to me) it was about what doors this may open for her along with the image for him (he was involved with the courts and legal personel thru out this town being on the police dept. for 30 yrs) Not to mention if this was the case, he would of cheated on my mother many years ago along with her feelings being dragged into this.

As it turned out she was after one thing, money that she was not entitled to. She ultimately wanted me to sign a statement accepting the fact that she was his daughter, my sister. This would of opened up the door to many other avenues for he to lay claim to. One claim would of been back support that would of ultimately drained all hi assets and I may of been left with some bills. All in all this is what I fought all the time not being employed having 3 lumps found in my chest recently anouther cat scan is schedualed for June) and many many other rotten events. The skidsteer has spawned from recent medical findings in me and realizing that we wont be here forever.
Justthought I would try and clear up some of the discrepancys in my posts recently since I had to bevery vague in telling the whole story till the case was settled.

If I have been ornery, I appologize to anyone I offended. I plan on getting backto normal this month.

BTW, this board is awesome and you guys make it so. I have turned on 3 guys I know of to here and my dealer say's he was impressed with what I learned from this board over the year. He said I have good insight and I could not of done that with out this place. He is checking out the board also now and will pass on info to his customers about such a great place to learn.
Thanks alot guys

Plots1
If and when I order up that skidsteer, you will be the first here I pm. Dont forget, I dont have a tractor with large front tires on like you do! LOL (jealouse of you I am!!!) I love the look of your rig! ....

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2005-02-05          105536

Brokenarrow I'm sorry to hear about all of the discourse in your life right now. You are among the many that I look forward to reading. Guys like you continue to teach me. I too think that this is a great board.

I hope everything works out for you. I'll keep you among those in my thoughts.

Good Luck,
Dave ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-02-05          105546

Brokenarrow, your story is just another in a longer series of incidents with people that makes me just shake my head. The lengths some people go through to try to get money without working is amazing. If they'd put the same effort into legitimate business, they'd be at least 2x as wealthy or more. But they don't think that way.

I hope your scanned cat turns out for the better. It's probably better to enjoy life while you've got it and your health. I hope it all truns out for the better.

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-05          105563

Ok broken, hope to hear from you soon . ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-02-06          105599

Hey broken looks like your premium again. ....

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-02-06          105604

Hi Brokenarrow. when it rains , sometimes it pours, sure hope your rainy time is soon over. Best of luck with everything going on in your life right now, I'll be praying for you.. don't stop posting, yours are always looked for and read.. May have something to do with proximity and background, or just because you have a unique and interesting take on things... We were through your neck of the woods yesterday , the snow is melting pretty good up there. took a trip to Minocqua.. Hang in there bud, spring is coming...JohnJ ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login