Go Bottom

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-05          110713

I'd like to thank all my Tractor Point friends for making my year at school more bearable. I will be unplugging from the T1 for the last time tomorrow, then it's back home, to the land of dial-up.

Having some real people to correspond with has been a welcome "reality check" from the land of institutionalized insanity here at the university.

Thanks to all of you. Hopefully I can still (slowly) check in every once in a while. Wish me luck in the Job Search, now!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-05          110715

I've used the world's slowest dial-up line for the last five years or so. I'm used to it but will continue to look for something faster. A little cafe down the road a ways has a WiFi hotspot I use when I really need to download a big file.

Best of luck on your job search, and don't be a stranger. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
Murf

2005-05-05          110718

In the words I've become well known for.....

Best of luck. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-05-05          110719

At home I connect at 14-28K tops. TP runs fine at those speeds. Good luck in the real world. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
Chief

2005-05-07          110811

Congratulations on completing the schooling. It is tough going back later in life. I think I learned more and took it much more seriously the second time around and learned a good bit more too. Teaching an "old dog" new tricks is still and tough order to fill. I have been living with 40K dial up. Will probably be a bit slower at the ranch. Good luck with the job search. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-05-08          110833

I ran dialup for many years. Then a coworker mentioned the local phone company had DSL via the regular phones lines. I thought no way for me since I'm in the boonies. Well, they did and now I'm at 512k.

Check around and see what's available. But dialup is not the end of the world.

PS - congrats on finishing school. I finished up another degree back in December so I know what it's like. School and working full time sucks. But I'm glad I did. It's hard to go back, but I think you get more out of it when you are older. You have a better sense of reality and purpose. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-07-23          113813

I just thought I'd put up a follow up to my return to school / job searching saga.

I've just finished my first full week as a brand new Manufacturing Engineer. After 2 months of full-time job-searching, I've found a great company to continue my career with, hopefully for many years to come. My posting may become thinner now due to the lack of leisure time computer use. (This might be a welcome thing for some of you, tired of my ramblings!)

The downfall is that my commute is currently 1:15 each way. I guess the purchase of a closer homestead is now a "front-burner" project, for better or worse. Gonna have to make it a 40 (or 80!) acre parcel this time! Neighbors are getting too close on the 1 acre plots 'round here. ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-27          113977

AV8
Glad to hear things are working out! congrats! Inform me on what part of the cheese slice you will be in! ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-07-27          113987

Av8R - keep looking at the site. My employer has two offers for it so far. So I may be needing to look for another job eventually. I'd like to move back to Wisconsin as it would put me closer to my folks and closer to the in-laws (but not too close!!).

Us engineers have to watch out for each other! ....

Thanks everyone

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-07-28          114003

'Arrow: I'm workng in Antigo now, so my home south of Wausau is a bit too far. We are looking at properties this week/weekend in the area between Wausau and Antigo to cut the commutes in half (wife works in Wausau).

Go Top

Share This

Member Login