Go Bottom

Golf course maintenance Board

View my Photos
lot0210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-01          149799

Could one be put up on this site? I know a lot of people that could use the help including me. Since most of the equipment used on a golf course is compact I figure it could fly pretty well. So what do you think about it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-02          149806

I have a little bit of equipment that is primarily used in this industry- also have a pretty big sports field to take care of- and I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing out there. So, I would be interested. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-02          149819

It's a pretty specialized thing, and not (relatively speaking) of interest to too many people.

Although some of the equipment is compact but not all by any means, most of it is way beyond full-sized in the price department.

Generally speaking, compact sized equipment on a golf course exists ONLY because of one critical factor, weight, or more particularly COMPACTION. The bigger the machine, the more soil compaction will result from running it around on a course.

The big difference is scale, the average person has a few acres of grass to maintain, and usually none of it of the caliber a golf course needs to be.

An average golf course is 150-200 acres in total site size, of which about 3 acres are tees, and another 3 is greens, 32 are fairways, 67 are roughs. If there is a practice green it is generally about a 1/4 acre in size, and if there's a driving range it is another 7-10 acres in size.

Maybe just a Turf Care board could be used, but any time a question of turf care has come up that I recall it was on the General Board.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login