Go Bottom

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
Bob Fletcher
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-08          73467

Been looking for small skid, track or articulated loader, preferably about 36" wide to fit pathways. Bobcat 463s seem pretty rare used, and 453s tend to be beat up. NH LS-125 also hard to find. Not sure I can afford a new one.

Then there's this Gehl Advantage. I like the boom arrangement, but hven't actually found a dealer with one on the floor to try driving it. Seems like the wheel arrangement should cause no more lawn damage than a track loader, maybe even less.

Anybody here tried one? I need to do usual loading tasks, plus plunge-digging to relocate trees & shrubs. Probably can't afford a separate backhoe, so needs to have some oomph.

Or should I just get a JD 2210/Kubota BX23 if I can find a deal on one?

Thanks-

Bob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-11          73748

They have a lot of special tools available with them and they make some neat packages. It seems that you only have one use? ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
BobFletcher

2004-01-13          73915

Well, several tasks - loading, moving snow, shifting shrubs - but all do-able with a loader blade if the machine has enough power. (I might need to fabricate a narrow accessory blade for lifting plants - maybe 20" wide or so. Could start with an old backhoe plade and a mounting plate.) I don't need most of the Gehl Advantage attachments. ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-14          73946

The Gehl 35 series skid steer loaders are a very good piece of equipment. A friend recently purchased the 6635 for $21,000 with a grapple bucket. He loves it and has had very good experiences with it. The 6635 is 48" wide but that is the smalles model they make. ....

Link:   Gehl Specs.

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-01-24          104865

With all due respect to all owners. My kids god father has had 4 different named loaders in the same amount of years. One was a large bobcat 1 year used but all others have been new. (he is a logger living on robbing peter to pay paul) 1 year no intrest no payments then he sells or trades in and takes the hit just so he has no payments till after break up. Anyway he has got rid of the Gehl. Says he does not like it, tips way to easy and thought it would hold up better for the size of it. I have no experiance with this brand so dont take what I am saying as coming from me. Just passing on his info. I will be buying a new holland this summer, have always like the dumping on them and I get a discount so that seels the deal for me.
The bottom line is your machine has to do the job you ask for it to do. If it does thats all that matters besides reliablity. Anouther friend has a gehl and has had NO problems with it for 3 years. So sounds like they could be very reliable? ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
Art White

2005-01-25          104926

It seems that the main purposes of ownership is loader work of some sorts. Mowing is not a issue nor three point hitch work so the advantage style does sound right for you if the loader specs and manuverabilty fit your needs. ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
chelydra

2005-01-26          104943

Thanks for all the helpful comments and advice. I didn't have the cash to proceed yet anyway. Now that it's looking possible, I'm leaning toward a Kioti CK20HST. Seems like it'll do what I want with a lot less surface damage than any skid loader. Now if I can only raise the money before steel surcharges go up again and the dollar drops further! ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
oneace

2005-02-03          105464

We have a New Hollan 125 on our lot right now.

How bout a toro dingo? ....

Gehl Advantage

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-02-16          106219

Oneace has a good point about a Toro Dingo. And you can find reasonably cheap. Around here Home Depot Rental gets rid of all their equipment on a 3-year schedule. They offered me a Dingo in good shape with a brand new engine and a bucket for $6000. And they would even throw in a hydraulic self-lifting/dropping trailer valued at over $6000 for free. I waited a week too long and it was sold. They will even let you get a credit card and pay for it that way. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login