Go Bottom

Valby vs Patu Chipper

View my Photos
dparker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-20          102633

Have been looking at the Valby 140 and Patu DC65 chippers, both with hydraulic feed. Have small Christmas tree farm, thus will be chipping a bunch of these as well as endless buckthorn and other brush that has gotten too big to bush hog. Will power it with PTO on 30 hp diesel (New Holland). Anybody with experiences to share on either of these?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Valby vs Patu Chipper

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-22          102710

Can't comment on the Valby although I've heard they're a good machine also. I did have a Patu DC 65 Hydraulic feed, good machine low to the ground easy to feed. You will have problems with any small chipper when feeding real hairy material like x-mas trees, too many limbs close together clog it up. You have to back it out,cut most of the limbs off and feed the stock and then a few limbs at a time.

The only reason I sold it is because I'm a little physically challanged and have a hard time dragging the brush to it. Now I have a stand-alone machine (see my pic's #2,4,6) and feed it with the backhoe, it will take anything I can get in it under 8 or 9 inch's and don't have to DE-limb anything.

David

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login