Go Bottom

MerryMac wood chipper

View my Photos
Wayne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-17          2966

Who builds MerryMac wood chippers? Do they have a web site?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MerryMac wood chipper

View my Photos
Norm

1999-04-17          2999

They are made by the same outfit that makes Mighty Mac.I don't know of a web site, but the company is called MacKissic, Inc.phone (610) 495-7181I have their small tractor mount unit which is pretty nice for light yard clean up. ....

MerryMac wood chipper

View my Photos

1999-04-19          3071

I think these are the ones sold by Northern Hydraulics. I looked at a used one, less than a year old. They are very light duty machines. The one I looked at had the 3pt mounts all bent up. The mounts were attached to some pretty thin steel. The chipper disk (flywheel) is light weight and only has one blade in it. Most pto chippers have 2, 3 or 4 blades. With only 1 chipper blade, it is really designed to run at a much faster speed than 540 RPM. If you have a tractor with multiple speed PTO, capable of 1000 RPM it would do OK for lighter weight stuff. I passed on the one I looked at, even though it was a low price. ....

MerryMac wood chipper

View my Photos
Norm

1999-04-19          3079

Yes, the one and the same. They are, in fact, rated at 1000 PTO RPM butfunctional at 540. When I said ok for light yard clean up - I meant just that.You can grind up all the small stuff from a felled tree, but it is a LOT of work. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login