Go Bottom

Valby

View my Photos
Tawooo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-29          54004

Where is a good place to buy a Valby Chipper?
I'm looking for a small unit that would fit my Kubota B7500.
Thanks!
-Terry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Valby

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-30          54056

I would also check out the Salsco line, The 824 will work great with your tractor and the factory isn't far, in CT.
Pacesetter ....

Link:   salsco

Valby

View my Photos
albatross

2003-07-31          60512

Do a search on " hud-son forest equipment " they carry the valby. the 140 is the smallest unit for about $3600.00 new. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Valby

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-31          60524

Don't waste your time with that combination. The Valby is way to much chipper for that tractor. ....

Valby

View my Photos
albatross

2003-07-31          60555

Art Do know anything about the quality of the Bolton # 6 chipper? I am looking for a 5" to 6" capacity with out going for my lungs, any input would be helpful> thanks ....

Valby

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-01          60605

I'm not familier with that make at all. There are many companies that are more localized in there distribution that we never hear or see from. It doesn't mean that they do not build a good product. Valby customers like. From what I hear Salsco is good and they build some smaller units that are more compatable with the B-series Kubota's. I just delivered a 140Valby with power feed to a fellow who owns a nursery and an L-48. He said he had the best birthday in his 55 years grinding for 4 hours with that outfit. Do watch your weight,and horsepower combinations. ....

Valby

View my Photos
albatross

2003-08-01          60634

Art Thanks ....

Valby

View my Photos
gsaari

2003-12-18          71555

I just read your reply about wood chipper and noticed you said you delivered a valbe 140. I am very much intrested in that model as I will be clearing up slash from timber harvest. I will use a ford 2000 to power it. I like the heavy weight of rotor and 6 inch cut. How long do the knives go before sharpening? Any user experience with this would be helpful in my decision. Thank you, gsaari ....

Valby

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-18          71561

I'm green in the area of these big chippers as far as much good info on sharpening knives and the like. I do know from working with the little ones I'd make sure it's esay to get to the knives to sharpen them and be sure to get an extra set when purchasing the unit. ....

Valby

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-18          71566

This is the 3rd time I have posted this. The other two posts just dissappeared.

Have you looked at the chippers Bailey's carries?

http://www.baileys-online.com/chippers.htm ....

Valby

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-18          71570

The biggest killer for any chipper, or anything else you would use for cutting wood for that matter, is dirt.

The biggest nastiest chipper in the world will be useless after a few muddy, sandy branches go through.

I use a Pete chipper myself around the house and cottage (see pic. # 12), but for the big stuff commercially we use a tub-style grinder (see pic. # 4). They are hardly 'homeowner' calibre but will accept rocks as readily as stumps or anything else.

Generally 3pth chippers are not really a fast way of dealing with branches, especially if you have any volume, they can be too slow for a big job, but sometimes they are the only practical method.

Best of luck. ....

Valby

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-19          71747

It is hard to be satisfied with many chippers. I do like to try them and have found needs for at least 25 horsepower! ....

Valby

View my Photos
DaveM

2003-12-27          72344

Chief I just went to the Bailey's page. Those chippers sure aren't cheap. For that money I would probably go for one of the name brands.

Art--The chippers that Bolton sells I believe are the Chinese ones. http://www.boltonpowerequip.com/woodchippers.html
A lot of heavy steel and from what I have read do a pretty good job. You mentioned the Valby chipper as being to big for the B7500. I'm not sure of its HP but I thought the Valby 140 or 150 unit would be a good chipper. I have a Cub 7234 and by the specs the Valby unit would fit my tractor. I think my Cub is much heavier and more HP than the B7500. Any comments? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login