Go Bottom

has anybody used befcowood chipper

View my Photos
kully560
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-15          71259

how good are these chippers got a good deal on one but need help do not know anything about the befco bm6-800 help please

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-15          71262

I don't know anything about this chipper, or what type of help you're looking for, but have you contacted befco directly? The BM6-800 appears to be a current model so maybe they can send you a manual or answer your questions. Here's the link: ....

Link:   Befco

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-16          71303

I have a 60" Befco Boxblade and was very impressed with the quality and how heavy duty it was. My Kubota dealer sells both Woods and Befco implements and said they were pretty much the same as far as quality but they used Befco more because the orange Befco uses matches the Kubota tractor better.
I'm sure you'll be happy. ....

View my Photos
THinVa

2004-01-08          73480

I recently purchased a used BM6-900 that was in really good shape for $1200. Included the drum style Chipper (up to 6" dia), a separate shredder/mulcher (humus material up to 1") chute and large discharge pipe By good shape I mean that the knives were sharp and the exterior had weathering and rust from setting outside. I sanded it down and put a new coat of paint and good as new. Befco will also send you a manual free of charge. I have a Kubota 3130 so it's way more chipper than I have tractor, but I can chip hardwoods such as hickory and oak up to 2" in diamenter (all my tractor can handle). I cut anything larger into firewood. I like the large feeder hole because it can accomodate a limb that has branches so you don't have to cut into smaller sections. Once it grabs onto the branch it usually pulls it in, but not in a way that you have to be worried about losing an arm. I've never used another chipper so I can't give a comparison, but I can tell you this is a horse and really love it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login