Go Bottom

Kubota chippers

View my Photos
daveinnh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-10          79487

Wallenstein BX60 vs. Patu DC 40 vs. Valby ??. Need to chip primarily limbs & saplings - not heavy brush - on about 50 acres ... over time. We also have ~ 8 acres of reclaimed pasture. Just placed a deposit on a used Kubota L4310 and have not seen any mention of the Wallenstein product; 1 dealer said Valbys are "power-hungry"; for a few hrs/weekend is the hydraulic feed feature (& remote??) really needed? Only want to buy once!! (choice of power tools: Bosch & Delta) Also, does anyone have a Curtis cab? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota chippers

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-10          79503

The hydraulic feed fits your comfort level,for both quanity and speed often making the operator feel more comfortable. I have a a fellow that really likes to do things fast and he uses a L-48 with a 160H Valby and loves it and has not complained of power or fuel use at all. ....

Kubota chippers

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-11          79542

I have a 4" manual feed on my L4310 (see my picture # 12) and it chews through anything I can put down the chute without a problem, the RPM's barely budge on big stuff, and it runs for hours and doesn't use much fuel compared to other tasks.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota chippers

View my Photos
texbaylea
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-30          81559

I have a Woods 5000 chipper shredder that I use. It is manual feed but works well. Designed for 15-30 PTO hp. Bearcat has a model that looks identical. I have used it on Kubotas as small as B6100E,14 hp, just had to feed slowly. ....

Kubota chippers

View my Photos
dsg

2004-03-30          81599

Dave, I'm very impressed with the Wallenstein BX60. My neighbor just bought one a few weeks ago. Have played with it/I mean worked with it a few times and it works very well. I was supprised at how well it feeds manually. The design of the feed shute allows for material to just gravity feed. My neighbor is running it with a JD 4200 and is chipping 4" plus with no problem. The chipper is very heavy and well built. I've had a PATU 6.5 HF and now have a stand alone Wayne 16" drum chipper. If I was going to buy another pto chipper it would be the Wallenstein.

David ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login