Go Bottom

Small PTO Chipper

View my Photos
mark
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-01          8438

I just inherited a small MerryMac PTO chipper, min 10 HP, 540 RPM clockwise rotation. Tractor didn't come with it. It's set up for a Cat "0" hitch and has a 1 3/8 6 spline drive. I only have a G1800, the PTO spline is less than the 1 3/8" and has more splines. Question, does anyone make a spline drive converter to go from the proprietary Kubota G series spline to the 1 3/8 spline? How does one tell which way my drive rotates, looking from the back or the front? Am I wasting my time and should sell the thing? I plan to rent a large chipper to do the real work, this would be for those in between things I know sell it and buy a real tractor, not an option right now, but I'm going to start working on my significant other.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Small PTO Chipper

View my Photos
David

1999-10-02          8444

Count the splines on your tractor PTO shaft. We can get a Kubota to 1 3/8" six spline adapter. It is usually used on larger Kubotas but may work on yours if the splines are right. PTO direction is determined by looking at the rear of the tractor. Contact Affordable Equipuipment 864-859-2623 phone or DPEQUIP@aol.com email for more info ....

Small PTO Chipper

View my Photos
Jim

1999-10-03          8496

Hi Mark,double check your pto speed on your tractor. most garden tractors w/13 or 21 spline are not 540 rpm. the usally run at a higher speed Jim ....

Small PTO Chipper

View my Photos
Jim

1999-10-03          8497

Hi Mark,double check your pto speed on your tractor. most garden tractors w/13 or 21 spline are not 540 rpm. the usally run at a higher speed Jim ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login