Go Bottom

Jinma Chipper Modifications

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-26          84392

Well, after waiting three months on one welder to make modifications to my Jinma Chipper I found another guy who did it in a week.

If anyone is interested, pic 17 is of a foot pedal that was added to lift the feed roller. The stock configuration requires that you pull the bar behind the feed chute UP to raise the feed roller. Since the feed roller spring is VERY strong it was a back-tweaking operation. The foot pedal makes that operation much easier.

Pic 19 is of the mods done to make the hitch work with iMatch. Basically, a piece of square stock slides over the standard mount and is pinned in place and a drop-hitch style of top mount was welded on. This piece slides off for easy belt access. I also had the guy weld some additional bracing on top of the top link mount since somebody previously mentioned that there was a weakness in the top mount.

I painted and lubed it up this weekend and was primed to use it when... I found my pto shaft was a few inches too short. Had to order one but by next weekend this puppy should be fully operational! I'll post further impressions and a review after I get a few hours on it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
sperkins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-24          86696

Your foot treadle is slick. Being able to raise the feed roller doubled the usefulness of my chipper. I have a stepped pulley system on the side of the hopper that lifts the roller pretty easily, but your approach is much simpler. I tried to test your design by clamping a pipe to the pivot arm where your treadle is welded, and found it took an awful lot of pressure to raise the roller. How much weight do you have to apply to get the roller all the way up? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-24          86718

The idea of a pulley system never occurred to me! If you want to lift the feed roller by hand that would be the way to go. The foot pedal really doesn't take much effort. Even my cousin who weighs about 130 lbs can operate it quite easily. When pushed down by hand it feels pretty stiff, but the legs don't even notice the effort. It really adds convenience since you can feed material with both hands while simultaneously lifting the roller. However, I don't think a pipe would do the job for very long. We made ours out of solid 1" stock. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login