Go Bottom

Blower option for Bearcat 70554 chipper

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-31          99545

I am looking into the two speed blower option for my Bearcat 70554 chipper shredder. I was curious about clogging problems and just how well these blowers work. Input from other makes and how well the blower and discharge chutes perform would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-31          99558

When I was looking at chippers I looked at the Bearcat 70554. The dealer said the blower option was trouble - if you look at how it attaches the chip stream has to change directions and has a long discharge path that leads to major clogging issues. They recommended getting a 73554 model if I wanted a blower. ....

View my Photos
Patrick Leonard

2004-10-31          99574

I just bought a 70554 with the one speed blower. I got it on trial to see if it would work with my Kubota B7100 tractor. It does. The blower lifts the chips and spewes them out at about 6'. Unless you grossly overloaded the shredder bin, I don't see how it would be possable to clog the blower. Unless you have a much larger tractor, you can't chip faster than you can grind and blow the chips. Nothing gets to the blower until it has passed the screen. You could possably clog the screen with small yard waste but you would have to shovel it in very fast. I just finished cleaning up where I had split logs, including many partially rotten ones. Lots of hard and soft stuff. No sign of engine slowdown as I shoveled it in. I know nothing about the 2 speed blower. ....

View my Photos
texbaylea

2004-10-31          99593

I have a Woods 5000 chipper/shredder which is essentially to same unit. I have the single speed blower and have used it behind a Kubota B6100E (12 PTO hp) just have to feed it a little more slowly. I now have a new Kubota L3130HST (24 PTO hp), works great but have not used it much yet. I think you could overload it and clog the blower but I don't think one person loading it is likely to do that.

Vernon

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2004-11-02          99737

Thanks for the input. I hook this chipper shredder up to a New Holland 1715 about 27 H.P. The only times that I've clogged the thing up is when I put stuff in that was a bit wet. Grass, leaves etc. Guess with the blower I was a bit concerned about the 90 degree change in direction as the material exits the shredder and then goes straight up then another 90. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login