Go Bottom

Winch question - Yanmar 165d

View my Photos
thegogetter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-04-11          190033

Hi guys,
Hoping you can steer me in the right direction... I am attempting to install a Badlands 5000lb Winch on the front of my 165d for pulling logs and myself out of rough spots in my wet woods. Its mounted, wired, and ready to go, however when I hit the "in/out" switch, I hear a click and nothing happens. The winch is engaged and tractor at 3/4 throttle.

Any thoughts what could be doing this? Could it be an amperage issue? I have included the link below.

I have been unable to reach their technical support line so I'm reaching out here.

thanks in advance!

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
winston1

2014-04-12          190041

I briefly read over the instruction manual. Did you wire it just as shown? No small wires used? If so, the wench has a problem. I mounted a small Harbor Freight wench on mine. Never had occasion to use it. ....

View my Photos
winston1

2014-04-12          190042

Picture Link

View my Photos
winston1

2014-04-12          190043

Picture Link

View my Photos
thegogetter

2014-04-15          190075

Hi Winston!
I was finally able to get a hold of HF and they quickly determined that it was a bad solenoid and that they were going to ship a replacement out immediately! I was quite impressed honestly since I bought it before Christmas time and just got around to installing it now which is way beyond their 90day warranty. Hopefully its a quick switch and I'll be up and running.

This will be primarily used for assisting with pulling fallen trees out of the woods and pulling me out of mud holes : ) Its quite embarrassing when you get your "tractor" stuck in the mud and it takes your neighbor and his Honda Rancher to pull you out, lol!

I see you used a front trailer hitch to mount yours. thats a pretty unique way of doing it especially since it gives you the flexibility to remove it and use it for a ball hitch. Reminds me of a friend in FLA that uses a old beefed up golf cart that he mounted a ball hitch too in order to move Cessna planes around a hanger. I simply had a local fab shop make me a 90deg plate with side reinforcements and bolted it to the 4pin front bumper; which is green in your pic. Once mine is up and running I'll take a pic to show you.

thanks again! ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2014-04-24          190164

ok, well honestly... I think it was just a loose battery connection. Geeze... Anyway I updated pics of the setup/install to my album.

Link:   165d Album

Go Top

Share This

Member Login